Chabad of Greater Orlando, 2005
Chabad of Greater Orlando
The Chabad of Greater Orlando, located at 708 Lake Howell Road in Maitland, Florida, in 2005. Chabad-Lubavitch is one of the largest Orthodox Jewish movements. "Chabad" is a Hebrew acronym for chochmah, binah, and da'at (wisdom, comprehension, and knowledge, respectively). "Lubavitch" is the name of the Russian town where the movement was founded by Shneur Zalman of Liadi (1745-1812) in 1755. Like other Orthodox Judaic denominations, Chabad Jews strictly follow the laws and ethics of the Torah, the Jewish religious text. The worldwide Chab movement numbers approximate 200,000 adherents.
Cepero, Laura Lynn
Original color photograph by Laura Lynn Cepero, 2005: Private Collection of Nancy Lynn Cepero.
Cepero, Nancy Lynn
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original color photograph by Laura Lynn Cepero, 2005.
Is Part Of
Maitland Collection, Orange County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
1 color photograph
Chabad of Greater Orlando, Maitland, Florida
Originally created by Laura Lynn Cepero.
Copyright to this resource is held by Laura Lynn Cepero and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.
"About Chabad-Lubavitch." Chabad of Greater Orlando. http://www.chabadorlando.org/library/article_cdo/aid/36226/jewish/About-Chabad-Lubavitch.htm/.
"About Chabad-Lubavitch." Chabad-Lubavitch Headquarters. http://lubavitch.com/aboutus.html.
Fishkoff, Sue. The Rebbe's Army: Inside the World of Chabad-Lubavitch. New York: Schocken Books, 2003.