Student Museum, 2011

Dublin Core

Title

Student Museum, 2011

Alternative Title

Student Museum

Subject

Sanford (Fla.)
Museums--Florida
High schools--Florida
Elementary schools--United States
Grammar schools

Description

The Student Museum and Center for Social Studies, located at 301 West Seventh Street in Sanford, Florida, in 2011. The building was originally occupied by Sanford High School, which was established in 1902. The structure was designed by W. G. Talley in the Romanesque revival style. Due to an increasing student population, a new school building was constructed on Sanford Avenue in 1911. The original building on Seventh Street served as Westside Grammar Elementary School, which was later renamed Sanford Grammar School. In 1984, the structure was placed on the National Registry of Historic Places and converted into the Student Museum. The building reopened as the University of Central Florida's Public History Center in 2012.

Creator

MacDonald, Kathleen

Source

Original color digital images by Kathleen MacDonald, July 20, 2011.

Date Created

2011-07-20

Is Part Of

Churches of Sanford Collection, Sanford Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.

Format

image/jpg

Extent

4.69 MB
6.39 MB
6.44 MB
6.79 MB
8.05 MB
5.28 MB

Medium

6 color digital images

Type

Still Image

Coverage

Student Museum and Center for Social Studies, Sanford, Florida

Accrual Method

Item Creation

Mediator

History Teacher
Geography Teacher
Humanities Teacher
Visual Arts Teacher

Provenance

Originally created by Kathleen MacDonald and published by RICHES of Central Florida.

Curator

MacDonald, Kathleen

Digital Collection

Source Repository

External Reference

"Public History Center." Public History Center, University of Central Florida. http://www.publichistorycenter.cah.ucf.edu/.
"Student Museum." Seminole County Public Schools. http://www.scps.k12.fl.us/studentmuseum/Home.aspx.
Sanford Historical Society (Fla.). Sanford. Charleston, SC: Arcadia, 2003.

Transcript

ERECTED 1902

THE SCHOOL BOARD of SEMINOLE COUNTY STUDENT MUSEUM and CENTER FOR SOCIAL STUDIES

SANFORD HISTORIC TRUST PRESERVATION AWARD 1997

301

STUDENT MUSEUM CLOSED
JULY 1. AUG 13, 2011
JOIN US FOR OUR BELL RINGING CEREMONY 8\15
1916.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
H.R. STEVENS
B.F. WHITNER
S. RUNGE

E.J. MOUGHTON ARCHT.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

6 color digital images

Locations

Categories