Pre-Cooler at the Nelson and Company Packing Plant, 1973
Nelson and Co. Packing Plant Pre-Cooler
The Nelson and Company Packing plant and a pre-cooler. The company was originally founded by Steen Nelson and Gus Nelson and called Nelson Brothers. The company changed its name to Nelson and Company after it became a three-way partnership between the brothers and Benjamin Franklin Wheeler. In 1923, Wheeler became sole owner after buying out the company. The Wheeler Fertilizer Plant was a holding of Nelson and Company. The original plant was destroyed in a fire in 1947, but eventually rebuilt six months later. Nelson and Company is located in what is now the Nelson and Company Historic District, and was incorparated in September of 2001. The 80-acre district encompasses four of Nelson and Company's historic buildings. This photograph was taken by Henry DeWolf in 1973 for an aerial survey of Oviedo.
Original 20 x 16 inch color photograph by Henry DeWolf: Private Collection of Arthur Evans.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original 20 x 16 inch color photograph print by Henry DeWolf.
Is Part Of
Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
20 x 16 inch color photograph
Nelson and Company Packing Plant, Oviedo, Florida
Wheeler Fertilizer Plant, Oviedo, Florida
Originally ceated by Henry DeWolf.
Copyright to this resource is held by Henry DeWolf and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.
Dr. Connie L. Lester's Introduction to Public History course, Spring 2015
Private Collection of Arthur Evans
Rajtar, Steve. "Oviedo Historical Trail". Steve Rajtar. http://www.geocities.ws/krdvry/hikeplans/oviedo/planoviedo.html.
Still Image Item Type Metadata
1 color photograph
20 x 16 inches