Dance Floor at Sweetwater Park

Dublin Core

Title

Dance Floor at Sweetwater Park

Alternative Title

Sweetwater Park

Subject

Oviedo (Fla.)
Parks--Florida

Description

The Dance Floor at Sweetwater Park, located at 201 East Magnolia Street in Oviedo, Florida, circa 1942. In 1926, Theodore Luqueer Mead and his wife, Edith Katharine Antill Edwards Mead, donated five acres of wooded hammock land to be used for the park. The Oviedo Woman's Club (OWC) Originally spent a number of years trying to develop the park, but ultimately deferred the project to the Town of Oviedo. The OWC later donated benches to the park in 1950.

Source

Original black and white photograph: Oviedo Historical Society, Oviedo, Florida.

Date Created

ca. 1942

Is Format Of

Digital reproduction of Original black and white photograph.

Is Part Of

Oviedo Historical Society, Oviedo, Florida.
Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.

Format

application/pdf

Extent

148 KB

Medium

1 black and white photograph

Language

eng

Type

Still Image

Coverage

Sweetwater Park, Oviedo, Florida

Accrual Method

Donation

Mediator

History teachers
Geography Teacher

Rights Holder

Copyright to this resource is held by the Oviedo Historical Society and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.

Contributing Project

Curator

Cepero, Laura

Digital Collection

Source Repository

External Reference

Lawton, Lillian Della Lee. "History of the Oviedo Woman's Club by Lillian Della Lee Lawton." RICHES of Central Florida.
Allen, Kelly. "Past and Present: The Oviedo Woman's Club Legacy Lives—And Gives—On." The Seminole Chronicle, July 24-30, 2008, pages A8-A9.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

1 black and white photograph

Locations

Categories