Official Summary Report Form: 1974-76 Community Improvement Program: General Federation of Women's Clubs/Sears, Roebuck and Company

Dublin Core

Title

Official Summary Report Form: 1974-76 Community Improvement Program: General Federation of Women's Clubs/Sears, Roebuck and Company

Alternative Title

1974-76 Community Improvement Program: GFWC/Sears, Roebuck and Co.

Subject

Oviedo (Fla.)
Clubs--United States
General Federation of Women's Clubs
Sears, Roebuck and Company

Description

An official summary report form for General Federation of Woman's Clubs (GFWC)/Sears, Roebuck, and Company's 1974-1976 Community Improvement Program. This form was completed by Mrs. John W. Evans, President of the Oviedo Woman's Club (OWC). The form summarizes the club's Library Services Project and Rescue Van Project. According to the form, through the efforts of OWC, Oviedo residents were able to gain access to unlimited, free use of complete library services. The form also summarizes the club's efforts to raise money in order to replace a rescue van that was stolen and burned.

The Oviedo Woman's Club was founded in 1906 as the Oviedo Magazine Club by seven charter members: H. B. McCall, Edith Meade, Georgia Lee Wheeler, Lillian Lee Lawton, Mattie Aulin Wheeler, Milcah Yonge, and Mary King. The first clubhouse was constructed in 1914 and also served as Oviedo's first library. In 1916, the club joined the FFWC and officially changed its name to the Oviedo Woman's Club. In 1923, the woman's club was federated under the umbrella of the GFWC. A new clubhouse was built in 1961 on property donated by R. L. Croom, a former member, which is located at 414 King Street. The Oviedo Woman's Club is involved in many civic projects, including the annual Great Day in the Country Arts and Crafts Festival, the Spring Fundraiser, Tasting Luncheons, and Celebrate Spring Teas.

Source

Original form by Mrs. John W. Evans, February 1, 1976: Private Collection of Beatrice Gestrich.

Date Created

ca. 1976-02-01

Date Copyrighted

1976-02-01

Date Issued

1976-02-01

Contributor

Gestrich, Beatrice

Is Format Of

Digital reproduction of original form by Mrs. John W. Evans, February 1, 1976.

Is Part Of

Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.

Format

image/jpg

Medium

1 typewritten form

Language

eng

Type

Text

Coverage

Oviedo Woman's Club, Oviedo, Florida

Accrual Method

Donation

Mediator

History Teacher

Provenance

Originally created by Mrs. John W. Evans.

Rights Holder

Copyright to this resource is held by Oviedo Woman's Club and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.

Contributing Project

Curator

Cepero, Laura

Digital Collection

Source Repository

Private Collection of Beatrice Gestrich

External Reference

"Our History." Oviedo Woman's Club. http://www.oviedowomansclub.org/our-community/our-history.html.

Document Item Type Metadata

Original Format

1 typewritten form

Locations

Categories