Centennial Celebration: GFWC Oviedo Woman's Club Anniversary Tea
Oviedo Woman's Club Anniversary Tea
A booklet for the Oviedo Woman's Club's (OWC) centennial celebration held on February 10, 2006. The Oviedo Woman's Club was founded in 1906 as the Oviedo Magazine Club by seven charter members: H. B. McCall, Edith Meade, Georgia Lee Wheeler, Lillian Lee Lawton, Mattie Aulin Wheeler, Milcah Yonge, and Mary King. The first clubhouse was constructed in 1914 and also served as Oviedo's first library. In 1916, the club joined the FFWC and officially changed its name to the Oviedo Woman's Club. In 1923, the woman's club was federated under the umbrella of the GFWC. A new clubhouse was built in 1961 on property donated by R. L. Croom, a former member, which is located at 414 King Street. The Oviedo Woman's Club is involved in many civic projects, including the annual Great Day in the Country Arts and Crafts Festival, the Spring Fundraiser, Tasting Luncheons, and Celebrate Spring Teas.
Original booklet, 2006: Private Collection of Beatrice Gestrich.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original booklet, 2006.
Is Part Of
Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
Oviedo Woman's Club, Oviedo, Florida
Private Collection of Beatrice Gestrich
"Our History." Oviedo Woman's Club. http://www.oviedowomansclub.org/our-community/our-history.html.
Document Item Type Metadata