Oviedo Woman's Club Anniversary Tea Invitation
Oviedo Woman's Club Anniversary Invitation
An invitation for the Oviedo Woman's Club's (OWC) centennial celebration. The anniversary tea was held on February 10, 2006, at the clubhouse and the centennial dinner was held on February 11 at the Tuscawilla Country Club, located at 1500 Winter Springs Boulevard in Winter Springs, Florida. The Oviedo Woman's Club was founded in 1906 as the Oviedo Magazine Club by seven charter members: H. B. McCall, Edith Meade, Georgia Lee Wheeler, Lillian Lee Lawton, Mattie Aulin Wheeler, Milcah Yonge, and Mary King. The first clubhouse was constructed in 1914 and also served as Oviedo's first library. In 1916, the club joined the FFWC and officially changed its name to the Oviedo Woman's Club. In 1923, the woman's club was federated under the umbrella of the GFWC. A new clubhouse was built in 1961 on property donated by R. L. Croom, a former member, which is located at 414 King Street. The Oviedo Woman's Club is involved in many civic projects, including the annual Great Day in the Country Arts and Crafts Festival, the Spring Fundraiser, Tasting Luncheons, and Celebrate Spring Teas.
Original invitation, 2006: Private Collection of Beatrice Gestrich.
Opus Design Group
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original invitation, 2006.
Is Part Of
Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
Oviedo Woman's Club, Oviedo, Florida
Tuscawilla Country Club, Winter Springs, Florida
Private Collection of Beatrice Gestrich
"Our History." Oviedo Woman's Club. http://www.oviedowomansclub.org/our-community/our-history.html.
Document Item Type Metadata