Temporary Glenn L. Martin Company Facility
Martin Co. Plant Construction
Aerospace industries--United States
A temporary building on Elwell Street used by the Martin Company while the company's main plant was being constructed on Orange Blossom Trail and Sand Lake Road in Orlando, Florida. The Martin Company was a missile manufacturer that expanded to the Orlando area in 1956 to be closer to Cape Canaveral and the heart of the Space Race. This building was previously used as a facility for the U.S. Army Air Corps and was located at the Orlando International Airport. The building remained in use by the Martin Company for several years after the completion of their main plant, which was located about four miles south of Orange Blossom Trail.
Digital reproduction of original black and white photographic print: "Martin Orlando Engineering Facility on Elwell Street in 1957." Orlando Memory. http://www.orlandomemory.info/sites/default/files/styles/full_size_image/public/image_files/MartinOrlandoElwellStreet.jpg?itok=yVLJfzUK.
Is Part Of
The Glenn L. Martin Company Plant Site, circa 1957, Orlando Memory.
Orlando City Hall Collection, Orlando Remembered Collection, Orlando Collection, Orange County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
1 black and white photograph
Glenn L. Martin Company, Orlando, Florida
"Creative Commons 10th Birthday Celebration San Francisco" by Lynda Hope Swenk is licensed under CC BY 4.0.
"The Glenn L. Martin Company Plant Site, circa 1957." Orlando Memory. http://orlandomemory.info/memory/image/glenn-l-martin-company-plant-site-circa-1957.