Originally established as Sanford High School, the building constructed at 301 West Seventh Street in Sanford, Florida, in 1902. The building was designed by W.G. Talley in the Romanesque revival style. Due to an increasing student population, a new school building was constructed on the corner of East Ninth Street and South Palmetto Avenue in 1911. The original building on Seventh Street served as Westside Grammar Elementary School, which was later renamed Sanford Grammar School. In 1984, the building was placed on the National Registry of Historic Places and converted into the Student Museum. The building reopened as the University of Central Florida's Public History Center in 2012.
Reproduction of glass plate negative by Jefferson Clay Ensminger: Photographic Collection, box 3, folder Ensminger, General Collection, UCF Public History Center, Sanford, Florida.
Is Format Of
Is Part Of
Orange County Bicentennial Committee (Fla.). More Than a Memory. Orlando, Fla: Orange County Bicentennial Committee, 1975.
Photographic Collection, box 3, folder Ensminger, General Collection, UCF Public History Center, Sanford, Florida.