Kissimmee’s Union Depot and Railway Express Agency
Located at 111 Dakin Avenue, or milepost No. 808, Kissimmee’s Union Depot and Railway Express Agency (REA) was built by the South Florida Railroad Company in 1883. Also known as Kissimmee Station, the term "Union Depot" is a misnomer, since the Atlantic Coast Line (ACL) Railroad Company owned all railroads that served the station. The station was also a junction for the St. Cloud and Sugar Belt Railway and the Florida Midland Railroad, all three of which were eventually acquired by the ACL. The REA building was removed before 1900, and was replaced by the current structure, an ACL Depot, in 1910. The building is known for its cupola, which includes a weathervane in the form of a steam locomotive. Renovations were made in 1976, 1988, and after a hurricane damaged the canopy along the south platform in 2004. Currently, Amtrak serves the station with four trains per day. The SunRail commuter rail system will make it a scheduled stop in 2017.
 Michael Mulligan, Railroad Depots of Central Florida (Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2008), 31.
 Ibid. 31.; "Kissimmee, FL (KIS)," Amtrak Presents Great American Stations, accessed December 21, 2015, http://www.greatamericanstations.com/Stations/KIS.
 Mulligan, Railroad Depots of Central Florida, 31.