Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Beacham, Braxton Sr.

OC00069.jpg
The Dr. Phillips Theater, located at 23-29 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, in 2002. In 1916, Dr. P. Phillips hired Murray S. King to design his theater on the northeast corner of Orange Avenue and Pine Street. In July of 1917, Dr.…

OC00068.jpg
The Beacham, located at 46 North Orange Avenue, in 2001. The was originally built as a jail for Orange County in 1884. Braxton Beacham Sr. bought the building in 1917 and opened it as the Beacham Theatre in 1921. As of 2013, The Beacham operates as a…