Museum of Geneva History

Dublin Core

Click to View (Movie, Podcast, or Website)

Title

Museum of Geneva History

Alternative Title

Museum of Geneva History

Subject

Museums--Florida

Description

The Geneva Historical & Genealogical Society is located in Geneva, an unincorporated community in Seminole County, Florida. The first regular meeting was held at the Geneva Community Center on November 30, 1952. Alice Coffee Guyton served as the society's first president.

The Society established the Museum of Geneva History, located at 165 First Street, in 1965. W. G. Kilbee and his wife donated the land for the museum's construction. The museum was dedicated in 1966, with Leo Rehbinder cutting the ribbon and Judge Don Cheney of Orlando making a speech. In 1977, a second larger room was added to the building. The Society also owns Fort Lane Park, a former fort from the Second Seminole Indian War (1837-1842).

Source

Museum of Geneva History
165 First Street
Geneva, Florida 32732

Is Part Of

Geneva Historical & Genealogical Society Collection, Geneva Collection, Seminole County Collection.

Format

application/http

Language

eng

Type

Website

Coverage

Museum of Geneva History, Geneva, Florida

Mediator

History Teacher

Rights Holder

The Geneva Historical & Genealogical Society holds all rights to the items from the society as well as those items represented digitally on the RICHES MI. Contact the Geneva Historical & Genealogical Society for the proper permissions for the use of its items.

Curator

Cepero, Laura

Digital Collection

Source Repository

External Reference

"Geneva Historical & Genealogical Society, Inc." Geneva Historical & Genealogical Society. http://www.usgennet.org/usa/fl/county/seminole/Geneva/.
Museum of Geneva History." Museum of Geneva History. http://www.usgennet.org/usa/fl/county/seminole/Geneva/museum.htm/.

External Reference Title

Locations

Categories