Seminole Tire Shop Advertisement

Dublin Core

Title

Seminole Tire Shop Advertisement

Alternative Title

Seminole Tire Shop Ad

Subject

Sanford (Fla.)
Tires--United States
Firestone Tire and Rubber Company

Description

A newspaper advertisement for the Seminole Tire Shop in Sanford, Florida. The store erected one of the largest one-stop service stations in the city, which was located at the first Sanford State Farmers' Market. This ad, likely published in the 1920s, lists 201 North Park Avenue as the tire shop's address, although advertisements published in 1933 suggest that the company moved to the corner of West First Street and South Elm Avenue. The company was incorporated in 1932 but is no longer active.

Source

Original newspaper advertisement: Agricultural Collection, Celery Collection, Museum of Seminole County History, Sanford, Florida.

Date Created

ca. 1920-1929

Date Copyrighted

ca. 1920-1929

Is Format Of

Digital reproduction of original newspaper advertisement.

Is Part Of

Sanford Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.

Format

image/jpg

Extent

213 KB

Medium

1 newspaper advertisement

Language

eng

Type

Text

Coverage

Seminole Tire Shop, Sanford, Florida

Accrual Method

Donation

Mediator

History Teacher
Economics Teacher

Rights Holder

Copyright to this resource is held by the Museum of Seminole County History and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.

Contributing Project

Curator

Cepero, Laura

Digital Collection

External Reference

Tompkins, Eric. History of the Pneumatic Tyre. [Sudbury, Suffolk]: Eastland Press, 1981.
Lief, Alfred. The Firestone Story: A History of the Firestone Tire & Rubber Company. New York: Whittlesey House, 1951.

Document Item Type Metadata

Text

1 newspaper advertisement

Locations

Categories