119 South Sanford Avenue

Dublin Core

Title

119 South Sanford Avenue

Alternative Title

119 S. Sanford Ave.

Subject

Sanford (Fla.)
Georgetown (Sanford, Fla.)
Post offices

Description

The lot located at 119 South Sanford Avenue in Georgetown, an historic African-American neighborhood in Sanford, Florida. The earliest known occupant of this lot was Stafford Service Station Fill Station in 1947. In 1952, Ed & Jeff's Amoco Service Station, Swain's Battery Service, and Sanford Ave Amoco Station were located at this address. At the time that this photograph was taken in January 2012, the lot at 401 East First Street was expanded into this location to house a U.S. Post Office.

Creator

Rock, Adam

Source

Original color digital image by Adam Rock, January 23, 2012.

Date Created

2012-01-23

Is Part Of

Sanford Avenue Collection, Georgetown Collection, Sanford Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.

Format

image/jpg

Extent

350 KB

Medium

1 color digital image

Type

Still Image

Coverage

Georgetown, Sanford, Florida

Accrual Method

Item Creation

Mediator

History Teacher
Civics/Government Teacher
Economics Teacher
Geography Teacher

Provenance

Originally created by Adam Rock and published by RICHES of Central Florida.

Contributing Project

Curator

Cepero, Laura
Rock, Adam

Digital Collection

Source Repository

External Reference

Flewellyn, Valada S. African Americans of Sanford. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Pub, 2009.
"Pathways to History - Historic Georgetown." City of Sanford. http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.aspx?page=483.
Sanford, Florida City Directory, 1947. Sanford, Florida: R.L. Polk & Company, 1947.
Sanford, Florida City Directory, 1952. Sanford, Florida: R.L. Polk & Company, 1952.
Sanford, Florida City Directory, 1965. Sanford, Florida: R.L. Polk & Company, 1965.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

1 color digital image

Locations

Categories