Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: filling station

SC00806.JPG
The lot located at 119 South Sanford Avenue in Georgetown, an historic African-American neighborhood in Sanford, Florida. The earliest known occupant of this lot was Stafford Service Station Fill Station in 1947. In 1952, Ed & Jeff's Amoco…

SC00502.jpg
Filling station in Slavia, Florida, in 1929. As of 2013, the building still remains at 1973 West State Road 426. Chase & Company was established in 1884 by brothers Sydney Octavius Chase and Joshua Coffin Chase. The company sold insurance and…

SC00372.jpg
History of the Sanford State Farmers' Market, as written by local resident Mary Leffler Long in the 1950s. The Sanford State Farmers' Market, located at 1300 South French Avenue, was founded in 1934 in order to provide a central location in which…