Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: Papworth, Harry M.

SC00372.jpg
History of the Sanford State Farmers' Market, as written by local resident Mary Leffler Long in the 1950s. The Sanford State Farmers' Market, located at 1300 South French Avenue, was founded in 1934 in order to provide a central location in which…

SC00358.jpg
Newspaper rticle on the resignation of Harry M. Papworth in 1936, the Seminole Chamber of Commerce representative on the Controlling Committee of the State Market. Papworth was a major figure in the success of the farmers' market. The Sanford State…

SC00357.jpg
Newspaper article in the The Sanford Herald on Harry M. Papworth's re-election to the Sanford State Farmers' Market Advisory Board in 1939. Papworth was a major figure in the success of the farmers market. The Sanford State Farmers' Market, located…

SC00026.jpg
The dedication of the Sanford State Farmers' Market on December 18, 1934. H. M. Papworth and Commissioner of Agriculture Nathan Mayo are standing at the podum and L. M. Rhodes is seated third from the right side of the flag.

The Sanford State…