Alligator at Silver Springs State Park
Alligator at Silver Springs
Silver Springs (Fla.)
An alligator at the Silver Springs State Park, formerly located at 1425 Northeast 58th Avenue in Silver Springs, Florida, in 1999. Silver Springs was originally settled by the Timucuans in the early 1500s. Although they were able to reclaim their territory after Spanish invasion, the Timucuans were ultimately succeeded by other tribes, such as the Seminoles. In the 1850s, Silver Springs began to attract tourists for steamboat rides. The park's popularity skyrocketed when the glass-bottom boat was invented in 1878.
Original color photographs, 1999: Private Collection of Nancy Lynn Cepero.
Cepero, Nancy Lynn
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original color photographs, 1999.
Is Part Of
Silver Springs Collection, Marion County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
1 color photograph
Silver Springs State Park, Silver Springs, Florida
Copyright to this resource is held by Nancy Lynn Cepero and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.
"Silver Springs State Park." Silver Springs State Park. http://www.juniper-springs.com/juniper-springs-recreation-area/.
"Silver Springs." Forest Service, United States Department of Agriculture. http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/ocala/recarea/?recid=34064.
"Silver Springs." Florida's Springs. http://www.floridasprings.org/visit/map/juniper-spring/.