Christmas at St. Stephen's Catholic Church, 1989
St. Stephen's Catholic Church
Winter Springs (Fla.)
Christmas ceremonies at St. Stephen's Catholic Church, located at 575 Tuskawilla Road in Winter Springs, Florida, in 1989. On December 5, 1984, Bishop Thomas Joseph Grady (1914-2002) approved the establishment of a Catholic community to serve eastern Seminole County. Father John J. Bluett was assigned as the Founding Pastor of the church on February 5, 1984. While the church building was being constructed, the community celebrated its First Eucharistic liturgy with 800 congregants at Lake Howell High School on June 16, 1985. On February 22, 1986, Bishop Grady broke ground for the site and the church celebrated its first Eucharistic Celebration on April 16, 1987. In January of 2001, Father George Dunne began his ministry at the church, alongside Father Bluett.
Original color photographs, December 1989: Private Collection of Nancy Lynn Cepero.
Cepero, Nancy Lynn
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original color photographs, December 1989.
Is Part Of
Winter Springs Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
3 color photographs
St. Stephens Catholic Church, Winter Springs, Florida
Copyright to this resource is held by Nancy Lynn Cepero and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.