Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: Catholics

OGC00002.pdf
An oral history interview of Richard Lamberty, a member of the Orlando Gay Chorus, same-sex ballroom dancer, and software developer. This interview was conducted by Geoffrey Cravero at the Center for Humanities and Digital Research at the University…

Tags: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

HH00542.pdf
In this interview, Ingrid Bryant, a long-time resident of Oviedo, Florida, recalls her experiences growing up and living in this community. Bryant discusses her birth in Munich, Germany, in 1944, during the height of World War II, and her subsequent…

OR00136.jpg
Created in 1889, the St. James School was originally a foundation for the former St. Joseph's Academy. However, after the Academy closed in 1929, the introduction of the Cathedral school began and it has continued the traditions of St. Joseph's by…

OR00135.JPG
From this view of the Historic Post Office building, a giant crucifix is visible. This represents the area occupied by the Chancery center for the Diocese of Orlando. In 2001, Bishop Norbert Dorsey bought most of the building, which is on land the…

OR00117.JPG
A Catholic procession in Downtown Orlando, Florida, sometime between 1939 and 1941. Altar servers are followed by the bishop, priests, and congregants. In these processions, a cross bearer and candle holder, who are not pictured, led the procession…

OR00096.JPG
A letter of correspondence between R. R. Reid, a property and store owner in Palatka, and Bishop John Moore over the purchase of a plot of land. At the time, Bishop Moore was in charge of the St. Augustine Catholic Diocese, which included Orlando,…

WS00004.jpg
St. Stephen's Catholic Church, located at 575 Tuskawilla Road in Winter Springs, Florida, in 2005. On December 5, 1984, Bishop Thomas Joseph Grady (1914-2002) approved the establishment of a Catholic community to serve eastern Seminole County.…

WS00001.jpg
Christmas ceremonies at St. Stephen's Catholic Church, located at 575 Tuskawilla Road in Winter Springs, Florida, in 1989. On December 5, 1984, Bishop Thomas Joseph Grady (1914-2002) approved the establishment of a Catholic community to serve eastern…

OR00030.jpeg
St. James Catholic Cathedral is located at 215 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. In 1881, Bishop John Moore (b. ca. 1834-1901) purchased a block of land bound by Orange Avenue, Magnolia Avenue, Jefferson Street, and Robinson Street.…

OR00023.jpg
St. James Catholic Cathedral, located at 215 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, around 1940. In 1881, Bishop John Moore (b. ca. 1834-1901) purchased a block of land bound by Orange Avenue, Magnolia Avenue, Jefferson Street, and…

OR00001.jpg
The wedding ceremony for Andy Serros and Helen Gentile at St. James Cathedral on February 7, 1950. Serros was one of the founders of Orlando Remembered. This wedding was one of the last to be held in the old St. James Church before it was rebuilt to…

TCC00176.jpg
St. James Catholic Cathedral, located at 215 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, in 2001. In 1881, Bishop John Moore purchased a block of land bound by Orange Avenue, Magnolia Avenue, Jefferson Street, and Robinson Street. On January…