Winter Garden City Station, 1924
Winter Garden Station
Winter Garden (Fla.)
The City Station, located at the southeast corner of Dillard Street and Plant Street in Winter Garden, Florida, in 1924. Built by James Lafayette Dillard (1858-1943), this building was a combination of a gas station and a grocery store with upstairs apartments, a feature common to buildings of that time period. A gasoline pump can been seen just to the rear of the vehicle. Dillard is pictured with his second wife, Frances "Fannie" Bedingfield Dillard. On the left side in the background is the Wilson and Toomer Fertilizer building. At the right is the Roper Brothers packing house. City Station was torn down to make way for a new building, now the site of two restaurants.
Original black and white photograph, 1924: Up From the Ashes Exhibit, Winter Garden Heritage Foundation, Winter Garden, Florida.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original black and white photograph, 1924.
Is Part Of
Up From the Ashes Exhibit, Winter Garden Heritage Foundation, Winter Garden, Florida.
Up From the Ashes Collection, Winter Garden Heritage Foundation Collection, Winter Garden Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
1 black and white photograph
City Station, Winter Garden, Florida
Cappleman, Kay, and Rod Reeves. Sundays in the South: Touring West Orange County. Winter Garden, FL: Winter Garden Heritage Foundation, 2009.
"Welcome." City of Winter Garden. http://www.cwgdn.com/.
Winter Garden Heritage Foundation. All Aboard!: A Journey Through Historic Winter Garden, 1880-1950. Winter Garden, FL: The Foundation, 1997.