Citizens Bank of Oviedo, 1973
Citizens Bank of Oviedo
Banks and banking--Florida
The Citizens Bank of Oviedo, which originally opened on East Broadway Street on July 2, 1946. The land on which the bank sits was originally the Bill Browning celery farm. The Citizens Bank of Oviedo took in over half a million dollars in deposits on its first day, with B. F. Wheeler as president, C. R. Clonts as vice president, and Charles Shaffer as the cashier. In 1949, the bank moved to the Memorial Building, which is located at 38 South Central Avenue. This photograph was taken by Henry DeWolf for an aerial survey of Oviedo, Florida. On March 25, 1974, the Citizens' Bank of Oviedo reopened at 156 Geneva Drive. The bank is now the Citizens' Bank of Florida with locations throughout Seminole County.
Original 20 x 16 inch color photograph by Henry DeWolf: Private Collection of Arthur Evans.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original 20 x 16 inch color photograph by Henry DeWolf.
Is Part Of
Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
20 x 16 inch color photograph
Citizen's Bank of Oviedo, Downtown Oviedo, Florida
Originally ceated by Henry DeWolf.
Copyright to this resource is held by Henry DeWolf and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.
Dr. Connie L. Lester's Introduction to Public History course, Spring 2015
Private Collection of Arthur Evans
Neely, Larry. "Citizens Bank Founded in 1946." The Oviedo Heritage, June 30, 1977.
Rajtar, Steve. "Oviedo Historical Trail". Steve Rajtar. http://www.geocities.ws/krdvry/hikeplans/oviedo/planoviedo.html.
Still Image Item Type Metadata
1 color photograph
20 x 16 inches