Nelson and Company Packing Plant

Dublin Core

Title

Nelson and Company Packing Plant

Alternative Title

Nelson and Co. Packing Plant

Subject

Oviedo (Fla.)
Agriculture--Florida
Celery
Packing-houses--United States

Description

The Nelson and Company Packing Plant, located in what is now the Nelson and Company Historic District. The company was Originally founded by Steen Nelson and Gus Nelson and called Nelson Brothers. The company changed its name to Nelson and Company after it became a three-way partnership between the brothers and Benjamin Franklin Wheeler. In 1923, Wheeler became sole owner after buying out the company. The 80-acre historic district was incorporated in September of 2001 and encompasses four of Nelson and Company's historic buildings.

Source

Original black and white photograph: Oviedo Historical Society, Oviedo, Florida.

Date Created

ca. 1923-2001

Is Format Of

Digital reproduction of original black and white photograph.

Is Part Of

Oviedo Historical Society, Oviedo, Florida.
Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.

Format

image/jpg

Extent

454 KB

Medium

1 black and white photograph

Language

eng

Type

Still Image

Coverage

Nelson and Company Packing Plant, Downtown Oviedo, Florida

Accrual Method

Donation

Mediator

History Teacher
Economics Teacher
Geography Teacher

Rights Holder

Copyright to this resource is held by the Oviedo Historical Society and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.

Contributing Project

Curator

Cepero, Laura

Digital Collection

Source Repository

External Reference

Rajtar, Steve. "Oviedo Historical Trail". Steve Rajtar. http://www.geocities.ws/krdvry/hikeplans/oviedo/planoviedo.html.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

1 black and white photograph

Locations

Categories

Transcribe This Item

  1. HH00386.jpg