Clements' Pharmacy Receipt for the Oviedo Woman's Club (February 23, 1924)

Dublin Core

Title

Clements' Pharmacy Receipt for the Oviedo Woman's Club (February 23, 1924)

Alternative Title

Clements' Pharmacy Receipt for Oviedo Woman's Club

Subject

Oviedo (Fla.)
Clubs--United States
Pharmacy--United States
Drugstores--United States

Description

A receipt from Clements' Pharmacy in Oviedo, Florida, for February 23, 1924. According to the receipt, the Oviedo Woman's Club (OWC) purchased five gallons of vanilla ice cream and one pint of whole cherries.

The Oviedo Woman's Club was founded in 1906 as the Oviedo Magazine Club by seven charter members: H. B. McCall, Edith Meade, Georgia Lee Wheeler, Lillian Lee Lawton, Mattie Aulin Wheeler, Milcah Yonge, and Mary King. The first clubhouse was constructed in 1914 and also served as Oviedo's first library. In 1916, the club joined the FFWC and officially changed its name to the Oviedo Woman's Club. In 1923, the woman's club was federated under the umbrella of the General Federation of Woman's Clubs (GFWC). A new clubhouse was built in 1961 on property donated by R. L. Croom, a former member, which is located at 414 King Street. The Oviedo Woman's Club is involved in many civic projects, including the annual Great Day in the Country Arts and Crafts Festival, the Spring Fundraiser, Tasting Luncheons, and Celebrate Spring Teas.

Source

Original receipt, February 23, 1924: Private Collection of Beatrice Gestrich.

Date Created

1924-02-23

Contributor

Gestrich, Beatrice

Is Format Of

Digital reproduction of original receipt, February 23, 1924.

Is Part Of

Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.

Format

image/jpg

Medium

1 receipt

Language

eng

Type

Text

Coverage

Oviedo Woman's Club, Oviedo, Florida

Accrual Method

Donation

Mediator

History Teacher
Economics Teacher

Rights Holder

Copyright to this resource is held by Oviedo Woman's Club and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.

Contributing Project

Curator

Cepero, Laura

Digital Collection

Source Repository

Private Collection of Beatrice Gestrich

External Reference

"Our History." Oviedo Woman's Club. http://www.oviedowomansclub.org/our-community/our-history.html.

Document Item Type Metadata

Original Format

1 receipt

Files

HH00292.jpg

Citation

“Clements' Pharmacy Receipt for the Oviedo Woman's Club (February 23, 1924).” RICHES of Central Florida accessed November 26, 2021, https://richesmi.cah.ucf.edu/omeka/items/show/5822.

Locations

Categories

Transcribe This Item

  1. HH00292.jpg