Browse Items (14 total)

  • Tags: pharmacy

OR00155.JPG
A bottle for storing medicine used by pharmacists in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Many glass bottles were manufactured and embossed with information, such as the store address, name of the doctor or prescription, etc. The bottles were not…

LCC000546.jpg
A postcard depicting a view of Tarpon Avenue, the main street in Tarpon Springs, Florida, looking east. The earliest Americans settlers to Tarpon came following the American Civil War. The town was first promoted by Hamilton Disston (1844-1896) as a…

SCC00023.jpg
Located at 100 East First Street on the corner of Park Avenue in Sanford, Florida, Bower & Roumillat was the first business to occupy the Brumley-Puleston Building that was completed in 1923. Roy C. Bower and Gene Roumillat opened the store…

HH00293.jpg
A note listing expenses for even event hosted by the Oviedo Woman's Club (OWC) on February 23, 1924. Items purchased included ice cream and whole cherries from Clements' Pharmacy, candy and ribbon, and crepe paper napkins.The Oviedo Woman's Club was…

HH00292.jpg
A receipt from Clements' Pharmacy in Oviedo, Florida, for February 23, 1924. According to the receipt, the Oviedo Woman's Club (OWC) purchased five gallons of vanilla ice cream and one pint of whole cherries.The Oviedo Woman's Club was founded in…

HH00481.jpg
An area map of Oviedo, Florida, and its surrounding areas. A number of advertisements from the businesses surrond the perimeter of the map. While the date is unknown, the map is believed to have been published sometime between 1970 and 1978. The…

Tags: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

SC00935.jpg
A  postcard featuring East First Street in Sanford, Florida, in the 1930s or 1940s. The Victory Bar and the Sanford Atlantic National Bank, which was located at 1010 East First Street can been seen on the left. On the right of the photograph is a…

WGHF00023.jpg
A revitalized Main Street after being rebuilt from two devasting fires devastating fires in 1909 and 1912 in Winter Garden, Florida. Taken around 1912, this photograph shows the new Bank of Winter Garden (1908-1929) and, on the right, the Dillard…

WGHF00013.JPG
The business district of Winter Garden, Florida, photographed prior to the 1909 and 1912 fires that destroyed all of the buildings pictured. Winter Garden's business district was located at the intersection of East Plant Street and North Main Street.…

SC00827.JPG
The lots located at 314-316 South Sanford Avenue in Georgetown, an historic African-American neighborhood in Sanford, Florida. The earliest known occupant of Suite 314 an African-American resident named A. Brooks in 1911. By 1917, D.C. Brock, a…

SCC00619.jpg
An advertisement for Lucien R. Philips' Rexall drugstore in 1910. The ad was published in the Industrial Edition of Sanford Chronicle, a newspaper published by The Sanford Herald. This drugstore was originally established by Lucien R. Philips'…

SCC00618.jpg
An advertisement for Lucien R. Philips' Rexalldrug store in 1917. The ad was published in Sanford High School's yearbook, Salmagundi. This drugstore was originally established by Lucien R. Philips' brother, A. E. Philips, at the corner of East First…

SCC00608.jpg
Advertisement for A. E. Philips' drug store, which was established at the corner of East First Street and North Park Avenue in Sanford, Florida, in 1884. By 1892, Philips was the only druggist in Sanford, but in 1894, he handed over ownership of the…

TCC00036.jpg
The Metcalf Building, located at 101 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. in 2002. The building opened in 1924 and was the third skyscraper in Orlando. A. G. Bentley built the structure for the Orlando Federal Savings and Loan…