Browse Items (9 total)

  • Tags: pharmacies

OR00155.JPG
A bottle for storing medicine used by pharmacists in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Many glass bottles were manufactured and embossed with information, such as the store address, name of the doctor or prescription, etc. The bottles were not…

LCC000546.jpg
A postcard depicting a view of Tarpon Avenue, the main street in Tarpon Springs, Florida, looking east. The earliest Americans settlers to Tarpon came following the American Civil War. The town was first promoted by Hamilton Disston (1844-1896) as a…

SCC00023.jpg
Located at 100 East First Street on the corner of Park Avenue in Sanford, Florida, Bower & Roumillat was the first business to occupy the Brumley-Puleston Building that was completed in 1923. Roy C. Bower and Gene Roumillat opened the store…

HH00198.jpg
A newspaper article about R. H. Noegel's Rexall Drug Store in Oviedo, Florida. The article also briefly describes the story behind the naming of the town of Oviedo. Andrew Aulin, Sr. (1843-1918), the Swede credited with naming Oviedo, immigrated to…

SC00935.jpg
A  postcard featuring East First Street in Sanford, Florida, in the 1930s or 1940s. The Victory Bar and the Sanford Atlantic National Bank, which was located at 1010 East First Street can been seen on the left. On the right of the photograph is a…

WGHF00023.jpg
A revitalized Main Street after being rebuilt from two devasting fires devastating fires in 1909 and 1912 in Winter Garden, Florida. Taken around 1912, this photograph shows the new Bank of Winter Garden (1908-1929) and, on the right, the Dillard…

WGHF00013.JPG
The business district of Winter Garden, Florida, photographed prior to the 1909 and 1912 fires that destroyed all of the buildings pictured. Winter Garden's business district was located at the intersection of East Plant Street and North Main Street.…

SC00827.JPG
The lots located at 314-316 South Sanford Avenue in Georgetown, an historic African-American neighborhood in Sanford, Florida. The earliest known occupant of Suite 314 an African-American resident named A. Brooks in 1911. By 1917, D.C. Brock, a…

SC00826.JPG
The lots located at 313-317 South Sanford Avenue in Georgetown, an historic African-American neighborhood in Sanford, Florida. The earliest known occupant of Suite 313 was an African-American resident named Burton Williams in 1911. The Diamond Place…