Nelson Brothers Packinghouse
Nelson Bros. Packinghouse
The Nelson Brothers packinghouse in Downtown Oviedo, Florida, in the early 20th century. The company was originally founded by Steen Nelson and Gus Nelson and called Nelson Brothers. The company changed its name to Nelson and Company after it became a three-way partnership between the brothers and Benjamin Franklin Wheeler, Sr. In 1923, Wheeler became sole owner after buying out the company. Nelson and Company is located in what is now the Nelson and Company Historic District, and was incorporated in September of 2001. The 80-acre district encompasses four of Nelson and Company's historic buildings. This particular building was destroyed by Hurricane Charley in 2004.
Original 10 x 5 inch black and white photographic print: Private Collection of Vicki Clonts.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original 10 x 5 inch black and white photographic print.
Is Part Of
Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
10 x 5 inch black and white photographic print
Nelson Brothers Packinghouse, Downtown Oviedo, Florida
Copyright to this resource is held by Vicki Clonts and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.
Private Collection of Vicki Clonts
Robison, Jim. "Yankees Brought Their Cash, Crackers Supplied The Sweat." The Orlando Sentinel, March 14, 1999. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1999-03-14/news/9903120894_1_oviedo-lee-family-clonts.
Robison, Jim. Around Oviedo. 2012.
"James Hiram Lee." Find A Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=31838835.
"Laura Agusta Barnett Lee." Find A Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=31838770.
Still Image Item Type Metadata
1 black and white photographic print
10 x 5 inches