Diving Board at Lake Charm
A diving board at east side of Lake Charm in Oviedo, Florida. Walter Gwynn (1802-1882), comptroller for the State of Florida, bought the land south of Lake Jesup in 1859 and built his home on Lake Charm in 1868. His daughter, Martha Gwynn, is credited with naming the lake. In 1870, Dr. Henry Foster migrated to Lake Charm from New York and began growing oranges. He later developed the area as a resort in the 1880s.
Original 7 x 7 inch black and white photographic print: Private Collection of Vicki Clonts.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original 7 x 7 inch black and white photographic print.
Is Part Of
Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
7 x 7 inch black and white photographic print
Lake Charm, Oviedo, Florida
Copyright to this resource is held by Vicki Clonts and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.
Private Collection of Vicki Clonts
Still Image Item Type Metadata
1 black and white photographic print
7 x 7 inches