Downtown Orlando Post Office Exhibit

Dublin Core

Title

Downtown Orlando Post Office Exhibit

Alternative Title

Downtown Orlando Post Office Exhibit

Subject

Orlando (Fla)
Post offices

Description

This exhibit, produced by Orlando Remembered shows objects from the Downtown Orlando Post Office, located at 51 E Jefferson Street. The post office was constructed in 1941 on land purchased from the adjacent St James Catholic Church. It still functions as a post office today; however, the building also houses the offices for the Diocese of Orlando. Orlando Remembered is a community based group, dedicated to the preservation of Downtown Orlando's past. To date, the group has constructed 18 exhibits in the downtown area that highlight the current building's connection to the past.

Creator

Beiler, Rosalind J.

Source

Original color digital image by Rosalind J. Beiler, September 10, 2015

Date Created

2015-09-10

Is Part Of

Downtown Orlando Post Office Collection, Orlando Remembered Collection, Orlando Collection, Orange County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.

Format

image/jpg

Extent

101 KB

Medium

1 color digital image

Language

eng

Type

Still Image

Coverage

Downtown Orlando Post Office, Downtown Orlando, Florida

Accrual Method

Item Creation

Mediator

History Teacher
Civics/Government Teacher

Provenance

Originally created by Rosalind J. Beiler.

Rights Holder

Copyright to this resource is held by the Orange County Regional History Center and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.

Contributing Project

Curator

Barnes, Mark

Digital Collection

Source Repository

External Reference

Kilsheimer, Joe. "Old Post Offices Aid Revitalization Efforts" AMERICAN CITY AND COUNTY. 119: 20-21.
Rajtar, Steve. A Guide to Historic Orlando. Charleston, SC: History Press, 2006.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

1 color digital image

Locations

Categories