Browse Items (27 total)

  • Tags: Orlando Remembered

OR00145.jpg
This exhibit, produced by Orlando Remembered, shows objects from the SunTrust Center, located at 200 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. This exhibit features items from previous occupants of the block, including Albert's Drug Store and…

OR00143.jpg
This exhibit, produced by Orlando Remembered, shows objects from Howard Middle School, located at 800 East Robinson Street in Downtown Orlando, Florida. This exhibit shows objects from what was Orlando High School from 1927 to 1952, and then Howard…

OR00142.jpg
This exhibit, produced by Orlando Remembered, shows objects from the Orange County Courthouse, located at 425 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Included in the exhibit are objects from the Wyoming Hotel, which once stood at the…

OR00137.mp3
An oral history interview of Dann Pottinger, conducted by Caitlin Baldwin on November 9, 2015. Pottinger was born August 14, 1947, on the British Bay Island in Honduras. He moved to Orlando, Florida as a small child and attended primary school in the…

OR00138.jpg
This exhibit, produced by Orlando Remembered shows objects from the Downtown Orlando Post Office, located at 51 E Jefferson Street. The post office was constructed in 1941 on land purchased from the adjacent St James Catholic Church. It still…

OR00071.JPG
A thermometer from Hotel Bass, which operated under that title from 1946 to 1965. The hotel was owned by Walter C. Bass (1900-1973) and his wife, Ethel Bass. Located at 217 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, the building itself was…

OR00088.JPG
An etching of the Barnett Plaza and the adjacent CNA Tower, built in 1962. The plaza and the tower were constructed on the block surrounded by South Orange Avenue, East Church Street, South Magnolia Avenue (formerly South Main Street), and East…

OR00087.JPG
This painting accompanies the Orlando Remembered exhibit at the Downtown Orlando Information Center, located at 201 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The painting was created by James Stoll, who has contributed various works of art,…

OR00086.JPG
This painting accompanies the Orlando Remembered exhibit at the Downtown Orlando Information Center, located at 201 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The painting was created by James Stoll, who has contributed various works of art,…

OR00085.JPG
This painting accompanies the Orlando Remembered exhibit at the Downtown Orlando Information Center, located at 201 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The painting was created by James Stoll, who has contributed various works of art,…

OR00084.JPG
This painting accompanies the Orlando Remembered exhibit at the Downtown Orlando Information Center, located at 201 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The painting was created by James Stoll, who has contributed various works of art,…

OR00083.JPG
This painting accompanies the Orlando Remembered exhibit at the Downtown Orlando Information Center, located at 201 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The painting was created by James Stoll, who has contributed various works of art,…

OR00082.JPG
This painting accompanies the Orlando Remembered exhibit at the Downtown Orlando Information Center, located at 201 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The painting was created by James Stoll, who has contributed various works of art,…

OR00081.JPG
This painting accompanies the Orlando Remembered exhibit at the Downtown Orlando Information Center, located at 201 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The painting was created by James Stoll, who has contributed various works of art,…

OR00079.jpg
The Downtown Orlando Information Center with the BB&T Bank building in the background. The Barnett Plaza was built in 1962 and was the location of the CNA Tower. The center is located at 400 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida.

OR00073.JPG
The Thomas building was an architectural arcade, which included several stores. The building was located at the intersection of Church Street and Magnolia Avenue, with a street address of 100 East Church Street in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Magnolia…

OR00068.JPG
Cervantes Spanish Restaurant was one of the first Spanish restaurants to come to Orlando, Florida. It was run by Paul Vines and his wife, Annie Vines, and their business partner, C. Menendez. The restaurant sat at 19 East Church Street and stayed at…

OR00066.JPG
This photograph shows three businesses located on South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, sometime between 1941 and 1946: City Cab Company Taxi Service, Kelly's Tires, and the American Fire and Casualty Company. City Cab Co. was founded by…

OR00065.jpg
A fishing lure handmade by Jim Pfiffer and sold at Jackson Sporting Goods, which was owned by William R. Jackson. From approximately 1935 to 1950, the store was located at 28 East Church Street in Downtown Orlando, Florida. According to the records…

OR00064.JPG
Six men standing in front of Nick Serros' Fish & Poultry Company in Downtown Orlando, Florida, sometime around 1938. Nick Serros (b. 1888), the company owner, was born in Greece in 1888 and immigrated to the United States in 1923. He opened his…

OR00062.JPG
An exhibit created by Orlando Remembered at the Orlando Public Library, located at 101 East Central Boulevard in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The Orlando Remembered Committee of the Historical Society of Central Florida, Inc. was created to "showcase…