Browse Items (23 total)

  • Tags: city halls

OR00149.JPG
The Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida, in the 1960s or 1970s. During that same decade, Orlando experienced a population boom. Due to this increase in population, the city needed to expand its public buildings to accommodate the changes…

OR00400.JPG
The fire alarm for the fire safety system in the 1958 Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The building was located on the corner of South Street and Orange Avenue and acted as the place of governance for the growing Orlando area. The fire…

OR00359.JPG
The sign depicts the maximum occupancy for the Orlando City Council Chambers within the Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The building was located on the corner of South Street and Orange Avenue and acted as the place of governance for…

OR00176.jpg
An aerial view of Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida, in the 1960s or 1970s. Along with city hall, several other buildings are viewable in the background, namely the American Fire and Casualty Company. The photograph is titled "This is…

OR00146.JPG
The newly constructed Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida, as it looked in 1958 upon its completion. Located on the southwest corner of South Orange Avenue and South Street, construction of the new city hall began in 1956 with the building…

OR00172.jpg
The cornerstone commemorative brick of the Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida. From 1906 to 1924, this brick was part of Orlando Public School, located at 1 West Jackson Street. In 1922, the school was moved to a new building and Orlando…

OR00174.JPG
The City of Orlando acquired a new city hall in 1958. Situated at the corner of South Orange Avenue and South Street in Downtown Orlando, the 1958 city was located very close to where the current city hall stands. The 1958 city hall was a large…

OR00179.JPG
A plaque commemorating the former 1958 Orlando City Hall, which was imploded on October 25, 1991, for the filming of Lethal Weapon 3. The building was replaced by a new one in 1991 as a product of Mayor Bill Frederick’s (b. 1934) efforts to…

OR00178.JPG
An "L" from the 1958 Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The building was designed by noted Orlando architect Richard Boone Rogers under the administration of Mayor William Hamer Beardall, Jr. (1890-1984), who served from 1940 to 1952,…

OR00177.JPG
The implosion of the 1958 Orlando City Hall, which was featured in Lethal Weapon 3. During Mayor Bill Frederick’s (b. 1934) campaign to beautify and transform Orlando, a new city hall had been built to replace the one built in 1958 under Mayor Bob…

OR00151.jpg
Mayor Carl T. Langford (1918-2011) and members of the Orlando City Council. Standing from left to right are District 2 City Commissioner Shelton Adams, District 3 City Commissioner Thomas M. Brownlee, District 1 City Commissioner Donald L. Crenshaw…

LCC000532.jpg
A postcard depicting showing the Corner of Four Laws at the intersection of Broad Street and Meeting Street in Charleston, South Carolina. At the intersection are four historic sites: St. Michael's Episcopal Church, the U.S. Post Office and…

OR00403.JPG
The contract drawings for the heating and air conditioning systems that were to be installed in Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Drawings contain the name of the commissioners of the city of Orlando. The old Orlando City Hall building…

OR00159.jpg
The souvenir issue of City Hallways, a publication by the City of Orlando to keep employees up to date on news and events. This edition covers the new Orlando City Hall building, which was dedicated on October 3, 1958. The new city hall was designed…

OR00160.jpg
An invitation from Mayor Bob Carr (1899-1967) sent for an early preview of the new Orlando City Hall, which was to be dedicated on October 3, 1958. Mayor Carr served from 1957 through January 29, 1967, when he died in office. It was during his tenure…

HH00188.pdf
A booklet, compiled by the Oviedo Historical Society, featuring historic houses and buildings in Oviedo, Florida. The booklet features historic buildings constructed before 1960, just before the period of expanded housing developments in Oviedo. The…

Tags: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

RRD00052.jpg
Avenue A in Fort Pierce, Florida. To the left is the first Fort Pierce City Hall, with the Hendry House and First Baptist Church of Fort Pierce just behind it. To the right of the church and across the street is the East Coast Lumber and Supply…

FSM00024.jpg
A rooftop view of the Hester-Shephard block, located at 109 South Palmetto Avenue in Sanford, Florida. The block was named after M. K. Hester and Samuel W. Shepard. The three-story building was constructed after the September 1887 fire. From 1890 to…