"L" from the Orlando City Hall Sign
"L" from City Hall Sign
City halls--United States
An "L" from the 1958 Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The building was designed by noted Orlando architect Richard Boone Rogers under the administration of Mayor William Hamer Beardall, Jr. (1890-1984), who served from 1940 to 1952, and the land was acquired during the administration of Mayor J. Rolfe Davis (1904-1988), who served from 1953 to 1956. The building was constructed by Tampa-based firm C. A. Fielland from 1956 to 1958 during the administration of Mayor Bob Carr (1899-1967), who served from 1956 to 1967. Dedicated October 3, 1958, the building served as Orlando’s City Hall until its implosion on October 25, 1991, following the construction of a new city hall less than 10 feet away.
Original letter: Orlando Remembered Exhibit, Orlando City Hall, Orlando, Florida.
Is Format Of
Original color digital image, 2016.
Is Part Of
Orlando Remembered Exhibit, Orlando City Hall, Orlando, Florida.
Orlando City Hall Collection, Orlando Remembered Collection, Orlando Collection, Orange County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
Orlando City Hall, Downtown Orlando, Florida
"Object 2009.070.0002 - Granite." 1958. Orange County Regional History Center, http://thehistorycenter.pastperfectonline.com/webobject/19C7CEBD-3BF5-48A6-8B24-394179597640.