Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: fire station

FSM00024.jpg
A rooftop view of the Hester-Shephard block, located at 109 South Palmetto Avenue in Sanford, Florida. The block was named after M. K. Hester and Samuel W. Shepard. The three-story building was constructed after the September 1887 fire. From 1890 to…

OR00054.jpg
The City of Orlando Fire Station No. 1, located at 19 North Main Street (present-day Magnolia Avenue) in Downtown Orlando, Florida. In 1883, after a dressmaking store in Orlando caught fire, William C. Sherman, a previous member of the Boston Fire…

TCC00066.jpg
The City of Orlando Fire Station No. 1, located at the corner of North Magnolia Avenue and Wall Street in Downtown Orlando, Florida, in 2004. Inspired by a fire in 1883, Orlando's first volunteer fire department was established by William C. Sherman,…

GHSM00001.jpg
The Goldenrod Volunteer Fire Department Station 4810 in the early 1970s. The station was likely photographed by John Viles, then Fire Chief for Station 23. Goldenrod formed its volunteer fire department in the 1950s with its own trucks and erected a…