Orlando City Hall Commemorative Brick
City Hall Commemorative Brick
City halls--United States
The cornerstone commemorative brick of the Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida. From 1906 to 1924, this brick was part of Orlando Public School, located at 1 West Jackson Street. In 1922, the school was moved to a new building and Orlando City Hall and the Orlando Police Department (OPD) was moved to the old school building in 1924. In 1958, it became headquarters for the OPD and city hall was moved to a new building at 400 South Orange Avenue. On February 28, 1972, when Carl T. Langford (1918-2011) was the mayor, the cornerstone was removed for commemoration.
Original commemorative brick: Orlando Remembered Exhibit, Orlando City Hall, Orlando, Florida.
Is Format Of
Original color digital image, 2016.
Is Part Of
Orlando Remembered Exhibit, Orlando City Hall, Orlando, Florida.
Orlando City Hall Collection, Orlando Remembered Collection, Orlando Collection, Orange County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
1 commemorative brick
Orlando Public School, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Orlando City Hall, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Orlando Police Department, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Schlueb, Mark. "Carl Langford." Orlando Memory, July 14, 2011. http://dc.ocls.info/memory/person/carl-langford.