Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: Orlando Police Department

OR00172.jpg
The cornerstone commemorative brick of the Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida. From 1906 to 1924, this brick was part of Orlando Public School, located at 1 West Jackson Street. In 1922, the school was moved to a new building and Orlando…

OR00163.JPG
The Orlando Police Department (OPD) motor patrol in 1948, with Lieutenant Vernon "Bulldog" Rogers in the center. The OPD was established in 1875, the same year Orlando became incorporated into a city with only 22 votes. The motor patrol was first…

OR00157.JPG
This older model wooden police baton was used as a non-lethal alternative when making arrests. This baton was owned by Robert Joseph Chewning (b. 1923), who had served as Chief of Police for the Orlando Police Department (OPD) from 1967 to 1973.…

OR00185.JPG
The police badge and whistle of Robert Joseph Chewning (b. 1923), the Chief of Police for the Orlando Police Department (OPD) from 1967 to 1973. Chief Chewning was born October 22, 1923, in Baltimore, Maryland. After serving in the Eighth Air Force…

OR00161A.JPG
A pair of handcuffs and key from the Orlando Police Department (OPD). These items are featured in one of the Orlando Remembered exhibits at the Orlando City Hall, located at 400 South Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The handcuffs were a…