Browse Items (13 total)

  • Tags: city councils

Mayor Langford's Gavel.JPG
Mayor Carl T. Langford's (1918-2011) gavel, which was used to bring Orlando City Council meetings to order. The gavel is made of wood, with a metal ring attaching the handle to the head of the gavel. Mayor Langford shepherded Orlando, Florida,…

OR00359.JPG
The sign depicts the maximum occupancy for the Orlando City Council Chambers within the Orlando City Hall in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The building was located on the corner of South Street and Orange Avenue and acted as the place of governance for…

OR00165.JPG
The keys to the Orlando City Council chambers. The key was the only key that would unlock the door to the Council chambers. The key opened a pin tumbler lock, which had five pins that responded when depressed by the key. This type of key format was…

OR00151.jpg
Mayor Carl T. Langford (1918-2011) and members of the Orlando City Council. Standing from left to right are District 2 City Commissioner Shelton Adams, District 3 City Commissioner Thomas M. Brownlee, District 1 City Commissioner Donald L. Crenshaw…

HH00365.jpg
A newspaper article published in The Oviedo Voice on September 16, 2004. According to the article, the Oviedo City Council sent a letter the State of Florida supporting the application of certification for the Central Florida Regional Hospital,…

HH00105.pdf
Husband and wife, Benjamin Franklin Wheeler, Sr. (1878-1954) and George Lee Wheeler (1884-1980), at their home, located at 340 South Lake Jessup Avenue in Oviedo, Florida, on February 15, 1942. Frank Wheeler was born in Dade City on January 2, 1878.…

HH00102.pdf
The members of the Oviedo City Council at the Memorial Building, located at 38 South Central Avenue in Downtown Oviedo, Florida, in 1964. Standing, from left to right, are T. L. Lingo, Ben James, R. L. Ward, and Bill Martin. Seated, from left to…

PHC00197.pdf
A history of Sanford Grammar School. Originally established as Sanford High School, the main building for Sanford Grammar School was constructed at 301 West Seventh Street in Sanford, Florida, in 1902. The building was designed by W. G. Talley in…

Tags: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

PHC00181.pdf
A history of Sanford Grammar School. Originally established as Sanford High School, the main building was constructed at 301 West Seventh Street in Sanford, Florida, in 1902. The building was designed by W. G. Talley in the Romanesque revival style.…

Tags: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;