Oviedo City Council, 1964
Oviedo City Council
City council members--United States
The members of the Oviedo City Council at the Memorial Building, located at 38 South Central Avenue in Downtown Oviedo, Florida, in 1964. Standing, from left to right, are T. L. Lingo, Ben James, R. L. Ward, and Bill Martin. Seated, from left to right, are Rex Clonts, city clerk Dot Courier; and Mayor Lee Gary. Clonts served on the city council from 1956 to 1968. Gary served as Mayor of Oviedo from 1950 to 1968. During his tenure, Mayor Gary named the Memorial Building to honor Oviedo's veterans. The building has served a number of functions, including the Oviedo City Hall and the Oviedo Police Department. City hall and the police department are now located at 400 Alexandria Boulevard.
Original 7.5 x 3 inch black and white photographic print: Private Collection of Vicki Clonts.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original 7.5 x 3 inch black and white photographic print.
Is Part Of
Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
7.5 x 3 inch black and white photographic print
Memorial Building, Downtown Oviedo, Florida
Copyright to this resource is held by Vicki Clonts and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.
Private Collection of Vicki Clonts
Robison, Jim. Around Oviedo. 2012.
Still Image Item Type Metadata
1 black and white photographic print
7.5 x 3 inches