Postal Willys Wagon at the Dixie Village Post Office, 1958
Postal Willys Wagon
The Postal Willys Wagon, which first debuted in August of 1953. Willys Motors gained credibility for developing rugged and reliable vehicles during World War II. The Postal Willys Wagon was the first right-hand drive vehicle to be produced in the United Sates in 30 years. Prior to this change, mail carriers either had to park and walk to a mailbox or reach across the passenger's side to deliver the mail. This Willys Wagon is pictured outside the Dixie Village Post Office during its dedication ceremony on August 2, 1958.
Original black and white photograph, August 2, 1958: Private Collection of Texann Ivy Buck.
Buck, Texann Ivy
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original black and white photograph, August 2, 1958.
Is Part Of
Orlando Collection, Orange County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
1 black and white photograph
Dixie Village Post Office, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Copyright to this resource is held by Texann Ivy Buck and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.
Private Collection of Texann Ivy Buck
"1950-1986."Smithsonian National Postal Museum. http://postalmuseum.si.edu/exhibits/current/on-the-road/1950-1986.html.