Minnesota Twins Baseball Cap
Minnesota Twins Cap
A Minnesota Twins baseball cap. The Minnesota Twins have been part of the history of Orlando, Florida, since 1936. Originally, this baseball club was founded in 1901 as the Washington Senators. The Washington Senators spent 34 years in 11 different locations for spring training before finally coming to Orlando in 1936. From 1936 to 1942, the team played preseason games at Tinker Field. In 1943, the Senators moved to College Park, Maryland, through 1945, before returning to Tinker Field in 1946. In 1960, the team owner Calvin Griffith (1911-1999) moved his team home to Minneapolis, Minnesota, and they officially became the Minnesota Twins. The team continued spring training in Orlando until 1990.
Original baseball cap: Orlando Remembered Exhibit, Orlando City Hall, Orlando, Florida.
Is Format Of
Original color digital image, 2016.
Is Part Of
Orlando Remembered Exhibit, Orlando City Hall, Orlando, Florida.
Orlando City Hall Collection, Orlando Remembered Collection, Orlando Collection, Orange County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
1 baseball cap
Metropolitan Stadium, Bloomington, Minnesota
Tinker Field, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Thomley, Stew, "Minnesota Baseball History. Major League Baseball. Accessed February 3, 2016. http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/history/minnesota_baseball_history.jsp.
"Minnesota Twins Spring Training." Spring Training Online. Accessed February 3, 2016. http://www.springtrainingonline.com/teams/minnesota-twins.htm.