Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: Commercial Street.

GC_00362.jpg
Built in 1875 by General Henry Shelton Sanford (1823-1891), the Sanford House Hotel was able to accommodate over 150 guests. At the turn of the century, the Sanford House Hotel was the center of all major city events and celebrations. The hotel…

GC_00188.jpg
Sanford's PICO Hotel, located at 209 North Oak Avenue, was built in 1887 for Henry B. Plant, President of the Plant Investment Company or (PICO). The onion-shaped dome located on the southwest corner of the roof resembled a Turkish minaret. The dome…

SC00130.jpg
View of the former PICO Block from the intersection of North Oak Avenue and West Commercial Street in Sanford, Florida. The building was constructed and opened by the Plant Investment Company (PICO) in 1887 to house the company's local offices. PICO…