McEwan Sanitarium, 2000

Dublin Core

Title

McEwan Sanitarium, 2000

Alternative Title

McEwan Sanitarium

Subject

Orlando (Fla.)
Buildings--Florida
Sanitariums

Description

The McEwan Sanitarium, located at 100 East Central Boulevard in Downtown Orlando, Florida, in 2000. The two-story clinic was constructed in 1911 and expanded to three stories around 1920. The building served as the hospital of Dr. John McEwan, who arrived in Orlando in 1906, until 1925. Later occupants of the site include the Florida Public Service Corporation and the Florida Gas Company.

Creator

Cook, Thomas

Source

Original color digital images by Thomas Cook, 2000: Private Collection of Thomas Cook.

Date Created

2000

Is Part Of

Thomas Cook Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.

Format

image/jpg

Extent

109 KB
83 KB

Medium

2 color digital images

Language

eng

Type

Still Image

Coverage

McEwan Sanitarium, Downtown Orlando, Florida

Accrual Method

Donation

Mediator

History Teacher
Economics Teacher
Geography Teacher

Provenance

Originally created by Thomas Cook and published by RICHES of Central Florida.

Rights Holder

Copyright to this resource is held by Thomas Cook and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.

Curator

Cepero, Laura

Digital Collection

Source Repository

Private Collection of Thomas Cook

External Reference

Dickinson, Joy Wallace. "Doctors Gave Life To Hospital Long Ago." The Orlando Sentinel, September 15, 2002. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2002-09-15/news/0209130450_1_mcewan-magnolia-avenue-orange-avenue.
Rajtar, Steve. A Guide to Historic Orlando. Charleston, SC: History Press, 2006.

Transcript

Magnolia Ave
ARTISTRY FREAK SHOPPE

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

2 color digital images

Locations

Categories