Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: Central Blvd.

TCC00033.jpg
The McEwan Sanitarium, located at 100 East Central Boulevard in Downtown Orlando, Florida, in 2000. The two-story clinic was constructed in 1911 and expanded to three stories around 1920. The building served as the hospital of Dr. John McEwan, who…

OC00009.pdf
Postcard posted February of 1919 that shows Central Avenue (now Central Boulevard) at the corner of Court Avenue. Pictured is the Elks Club, as well as the intersection of Central and Orange Avenue. The Orlando Lodge of the Elks was founded on June…

OC00003.pdf
Postcard showing Albertson Public Library, formerly located at 101 East Central Boulevard in Orlando, Florida. Construction began in 1922 and the library opened in May of 1923. The City of Orlando had the library built after Colonel Charles Lewis…

OC00001.pdf
Postcard showing Central Avenue (now Central Boulevard) at the corner of Court Avenue in Orlando, Florida. It shows the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks Club, as well as the intersection of Central and Orange Avenue. The Elks Club building…

According to its website, "The Historical Museum first opened in 1942 in the 1892 red brick Orange County Courthouse at the corner of Central and Magnolia, as a pioneer kitchen exhibit for the Central Florida Centennial Celebration. The popular…