Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Orange County Historical Commission

TCC00085.jpg
The historic marker for Council Oak, located on South Ferncreek Avenue in Orlando, Florida, in 2002. This two-and-a-half-foot concrete marker with a brass plaque designates the traditional meeting place of the Native American chiefs during the Second…

According to its website, "The Historical Museum first opened in 1942 in the 1892 red brick Orange County Courthouse at the corner of Central and Magnolia, as a pioneer kitchen exhibit for the Central Florida Centennial Celebration. The popular…