Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: Orange News Company

OC00201.jpg
A color postcard featuring the Atlantic Coast Line (ACL) Railway Company station, located at 1400 Sligh Boulevard in Orlando, Florida, in the 1930s. This station was constructed in 1926 at a cost of $500,000 and was originally part of the ACL system.…

WPC00003.pdf
Postcard showing the southern end of Park Avenue in Winter Park, Florida. On the left is the Colony Theatre built in 1939. Park Avenue is Winter Park's historic main street. Originally located at 329 South Park Avenue, the Colony Theatre opened in…

OC00064.pdf
Postcard showing the Tremont Hotel, formerly located at 145 Main Street (present-day South Magnolia Avenue) in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The hotel was constructed between 1882 and 1895. The original owner was Captain James Walle Wilmott, who…

OC00054.pdf
Postcard, posted in 1951, showing the Sperry Fountain on the southern shore of Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The fountain was named in honor of Frank Sperry, a mayor of Orlando. Lake Eola and the surrounding park are one of the unusual…

OC00052.pdf
Postcard showing the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Orlando, formerly located at 142 East Jackson Street. The building was constructed in 1913 in Greek Classical Revival style with yellow brick. The building cost $50,000 to construct. The…

OC00051.pdf
Postcard showing the First Baptist Church of Orlando, formerly located at 100 East Pine Street. The building was constructed in 1915 and designed by J. E. Greene in the Greek Revival Style. The building was demolished circa 1955 and the site is…

OC00050.pdf
Postcard showing the Dickson-Azalea Park, owned by the City of Orlando. The park is located south of Robinson Street, north of Central Boulevard, and west of Rosearden Drive. Fern Creek runs through the park, which drains into Mayor Carl T. Langford…

OC00049.pdf
Postcard showing the Angebilt Hotel, located at 37 North Orange Avenue, was constructed between 1921 and 1923. Plans to build the hotel were announced in June of 1921 and construction cost $1 million. Florida's first registered architect, Murray S.…

OC00048.pdf
Postcard showing the United States Post Office and Federal Courthouse at 42-44 East Central Boulevard in Orlando, Florida. The building was constructed in a Spanish Colonial Revival style from 1939 to 1941 and dedicated on April 14, 1941. It has been…

OC00047.pdf
Postcard showing Lake Eola Park and its bandstand in Orlando, Florida. The bandstand is on the west side of the park. Lake Eola and the park that surrounds it are one of the unusual features that sets the city of Orlando apart from other places. From…

OC00041.pdf
Postcard showing the San Juan de Ulloa Hotel, located at 32 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The building was constructed from 1885 to 1886 by Captain C. E. Pierce at an initial cost of $150,000. The original owner was Henry S.…

OC00035.pdf
Postcard sent in 1943 from Marvin B. Pernick to Marybelle Campbell. The postcard shows the Orlando skyline in a night scene as seen from the eastern side of Lake Eola Park. Some of the buildings shown are the Angebilt Hotel, rhe Orange County…

OC00031.pdf
Postcard showing a bird's eye view of Orange Avenue in Orlando, Florida. The cross street in the foreground is Church Street. On the west side of Orange Avenue at the corner of Church Street is the First National Bank Building, located at 190 South…

OC00029.pdf
Postcard showing a bird's eye view of Orange Avenue in Orlando, Florida. The cross street in the foreground is Church Street. On the west side of Orange Avenue at the corner of Church Street is the First National Bank Building, located at 190 South…

OC00003.pdf
Postcard showing Albertson Public Library, formerly located at 101 East Central Boulevard in Orlando, Florida. Construction began in 1922 and the library opened in May of 1923. The City of Orlando had the library built after Colonel Charles Lewis…