Browse Items (9 total)

  • Tags: Downtown

OC00009.pdf
Postcard posted February of 1919 that shows Central Avenue (now Central Boulevard) at the corner of Court Avenue. Pictured is the Elks Club, as well as the intersection of Central and Orange Avenue. The Orlando Lodge of the Elks was founded on June…

OC00008.pdf
Postcard showing Lake Eola Park and its Bandstand in Orlando, Florida. The bandstand is on the west side of the park. Lake Eola and its surrounding park are one of the unusual features that sets Orlando apart from other cities. From its earliest…

OC00006.pdf
Postcard showing a bird's eye view of Orange Avenue looking north. The cross street in the foreground is Church Street.

On the west side of Orange Avenue, at the corner of Church, is the White House Candy Palace at 140 South Orange Avenue. The…

OC00005.pdf
Postcard showing Lake Eola Park and its bandstand in Orlando, Florida. The bandstand is on the west side of the park. Lake Eola and its surrounding park are one of the unusual features that sets Orlando apart from other cities. From its earliest…

WPC00001.pdf
Postcard showing the Annie Russell Theatre, located on the campus of Rollins College at 1000 Holt Avenue in Winter Park, Florida. The theatre was built in 1932 and was donated to the Rollins by Mary Curtis Bok Zimbalist in honor of her friend, Annie…

OC00004.pdf
Postcard showing the American Legion Hall, located at the 900 block of Orange Avenue on Lake Ivanhoe. The hall was constructed in 1938 with a Spanish Colonial Revival Style. The building cost $82,000 and replaced an earlier American Legion Hall built…

OC00003.pdf
Postcard showing Albertson Public Library, formerly located at 101 East Central Boulevard in Orlando, Florida. Construction began in 1922 and the library opened in May of 1923. The City of Orlando had the library built after Colonel Charles Lewis…

OC00002.pdf
Postcard showing an airplane view of Downtown Orlando's business district. In the foreground is Lake Eola with an early band shell placed out into the water. On its shores is the Rosalind Club (green roof on the left) and the Masonic Temple (to the…