Browse Items (13 total)

  • Tags: Magnolia Ave.

PHC00127.pdf
The 1914 Salmagundi yearbook for Sanford High School. The yearbook was named for the Native American word meaning "a general mixture." Alice Coffee was the editor-in-chief of the Salmagundi for the 1913-1914 school year, which cost fifteen cents. It…

Tags: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

OC00003.pdf
Postcard showing Albertson Public Library, formerly located at 101 East Central Boulevard in Orlando, Florida. Construction began in 1922 and the library opened in May of 1923. The City of Orlando had the library built after Colonel Charles Lewis…

SC00205.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida in 1880. Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891), established the Holy Cross Episcopal Church in 1873. The church was…

SC00203.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida during Easter of 1901. Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891), established the Holy Cross Episcopal Church in 1873. The church…

SC00202.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida after the Hurricane of 1880. On August 29, 1880, a Category 2 hurricane made landfall near Saint Augustine, affecting areas from the Jupiter Inlet to the mouth…

SC00201.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida. Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891), established the Holy Cross Episcopal Church in 1873. The church was consecrated on…

SC00200.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida in 1880. Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891), established the Holy Cross Episcopal Church in 1873. The church was…

SC00196.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida. The photograph was likely taken before the building burned down in November of 1923.

Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford…

SC00194.jpg
Former building at First Street and Magnolia Avenue prior to the construction of the N.P. Yowell and Garner Woodruff Buildings. The building was named after Fort Reid, which was established by Colonel William Harney on July 7, 1840. Colonel Harney…

SC00191.jpg
First Street between Palmetto Avenue and Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida in 1882. When General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891) first established the City of Sanford, he laid out the streets on a grid plan. Streets running toward Lake Monroe were…

SC00189.jpg
Postcard of the Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida around 1915. Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891), established the Holy Cross Episcopal Church in 1873. The…