Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: general store

HH00149.jpg
A painting by Bettye Reagan, a local artist in Central Florida, inspired by a photograph of the Lawton General Store Oviedo, Florida sometime between 1900 and 1939. The store was run by two brothers: Thomas Willington Lawton (1882-1963) and Winborn…

HH00148.jpg
A photograph of the Lawton Brothers Store in Oviedo, Florida, in 1910. The man behind the cash register in the photograph is likely Thomas Willington Lawton (1882-1963) or his brother, Winborn Joseph Lawton, Sr. (1881-1971). T. W. Lawton graduated…

HH00408.pdf
Thomas Willington Lawton (1882-1963) and his brother, Winborn Joseph Lawton, Sr. (1881-1971), at the Lawton General Store in Oviedo, Florida. T. W. Lawton graduated from Rollins College in 1903. He later received his master's degree from Andover…

SC00126.jpg
The DeForest Block, located at 101 East First Street in Sanford, Florida. The building was constructed in 1887 by Henry L. DeForest as a general store. During that same year, Downtown Sanford along First Street was devastated by a fire that started…

SC00191.jpg
First Street between Palmetto Avenue and Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida in 1882. When General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891) first established the City of Sanford, he laid out the streets on a grid plan. Streets running toward Lake Monroe were…