Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: Sanford, Gertrude Dupuy

FSM00023.jpg
Henry Shelton Sanford (1823-1891) and family at Belair Grove in Sanford, Florida. In 1870, Sanford purchased 12,547.15 square acres of land known as the Sanford Grant. Sanford was an American diplomat, lawyer, and businessman. Born in Derby,…

FSM00013.pdf
A personal letter from Henry L. DeForest (1857-1902) to his future wife, Anna M. Sperry. In the letter, DeForest discusses his conversation with Henry Shelton Sanford (1823-1891), his correspondence with Mr. Day, Sperry's birthday, and his plans to…

SP00191.pdf
A letter from Sir William MacKinnon (1823-1893) to Henry Shelton Sanford (1823-1891) dated December 24, 1879. In the letter, MacKinnon discussed the health of Sanford's wife, Gertrude Dupuy Sanford (1841-1902). He also updated Sanford on the latest…

SC00255.jpg
Henry S. Sanford with and his wife, Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, and daughter, Gertrude Sanford, at Belfair Grove in 1891. In 1870, Henry Shelton Sanford purchased 23 square acres of land known as the Sanford Grant. The acreage included an experiment…

SC00248.jpg
Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of Henry Shelton Sanford, at Belair Grove in 1891. The royal palm in the photograph survived the Freeze of 1886, but died in the Freeze of 1894-1895.

Henry Sanford made his last trip to Belair Grove during the…

SC00205.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida in 1880. Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891), established the Holy Cross Episcopal Church in 1873. The church was…

SC00203.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida during Easter of 1901. Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891), established the Holy Cross Episcopal Church in 1873. The church…

SC00202.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida after the Hurricane of 1880. On August 29, 1880, a Category 2 hurricane made landfall near Saint Augustine, affecting areas from the Jupiter Inlet to the mouth…

SC00201.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida. Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891), established the Holy Cross Episcopal Church in 1873. The church was consecrated on…

SC00200.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida in 1880. Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891), established the Holy Cross Episcopal Church in 1873. The church was…

SC00196.jpg
The Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida. The photograph was likely taken before the building burned down in November of 1923.

Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford…

SC00189.jpg
Postcard of the Holy Cross Episcopal Church, located at 410 South Magnolia Avenue in Sanford, Florida around 1915. Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of General Henry S. Sanford (1823-1891), established the Holy Cross Episcopal Church in 1873. The…