Browse Items (13 total)

  • Tags: Sanford Grant

SP00254.jpg
A letter from E. R. Trafford per William Beardall to Henry Shelton Sanford (1823-1891), dated February 13, 1884. In the letter, Trafford requested Sanford's signature for two enclosed deeds. The first deed was for J. C. Thorpe and D. B. Graves, who…

SP00252.jpg
Letter from E. R. Trafford per William Beardall to Henry Shelton Sanford (1823-1891), dated February 6, 1884. In the letter, Trafford requested Sanford's signature for two enclosed deeds. The first deed was for Helen M. Randall, who bought several…

SP000130.pdf
A letter from A. W. Macfarlane to Henry Shelton Sanford dated September 29, 1885. Macfarlane was the secretary for the Florida Land and Colonization Company (FLCC) from 1884 until its dissolution in 1892. Presumably, he worked in the company's main…

SC00255.jpg
Henry S. Sanford with and his wife, Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, and daughter, Gertrude Sanford, at Belfair Grove in 1891. In 1870, Henry Shelton Sanford purchased 23 square acres of land known as the Sanford Grant. The acreage included an experiment…

SC00254.jpg
Young trees at Belair Grove in 1897. In 1870, Henry Shelton Sanford purchased 12,547.15 square acres of land known as the Sanford Grant. The acreage included an experiment station called Belair Grove, located just three miles southwest of the city…

SC00253.jpg
Belair Grove in 1897. In 1870, Henry Shelton Sanford purchased 12,547.15 square acres of land known as the Sanford Grant. The acreage included an experiment station called Belair Grove, located just three miles southwest of the city named after…

SC00252.jpg
Original orange seedling planted by Henry Sanford at Belair Grove. In 1870, Henry Shelton Sanford purchased 23 square acres of land known as the Sanford Grant. The acreage included an experiment station called Belair located just three miles…

SC00251.jpg
Randall Chase, son of Sydney Chase, examining a camellia bush at Belair Grove. In 1870, Henry Shelton Sanford purchased 23 square acres of land known as the Sanford Grant. The acreage included an experiment station called Belair located just three…

SC00250.jpg
Belair Grove after the Great Freeze of 1885-1886. Henry Sanford made his last trip to Belair Grove during the winter of 1890-1891. Most of Sanford's visit was spent in Charles Armory's vacation home because of his poor health. This photograph and…

SC00249.jpg
Belair Grove after the Freeze of 1894-1895.In 1870, Henry Shelton Sanford purchased 12,547.15 square acres of land known as the Sanford Grant. The acreage included an experiment station called Belair Grove, located just three miles southwest of the…

SC00248.jpg
Gertrude Dupuy Sanford, the wife of Henry Shelton Sanford, at Belair Grove in 1891. The royal palm in the photograph survived the Freeze of 1886, but died in the Freeze of 1894-1895.

Henry Sanford made his last trip to Belair Grove during the…

SC00247.jpg
Gertrude Sanford, the daughter of Henry Shelton Sanford, at Belair Grove in 1891. Henry Sanford made his last trip to Belair Grove during the winter of 1890-1891. Most of Sanford's visit was spent in Charles Armory's vacation home because of his poor…

SC00246.jpg
The Belair home of Henry Sanford and family sometime before 1925. In 1870, Henry Shelton Sanford purchased 23 square acres of land known as the Sanford Grant. The acreage included an experiment station called Belair located just three miles southwest…