Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Freeze of 1894-1895

HH00272.pdf
A history written by Lillian Della Lee Lawton (1882-1977) chronicling the history of the Oviedo Woman's Club (OWC), which was founded in 1906 as the Oviedo Magazine Club by seven charter members: H. B. McCall, Edith Meade, Georgia Lee Wheeler,…

SC00249.jpg
Belair Grove after the Freeze of 1894-1895.In 1870, Henry Shelton Sanford purchased 12,547.15 square acres of land known as the Sanford Grant. The acreage included an experiment station called Belair Grove, located just three miles southwest of the…