Seminole High School Boys Basketball, 1951
Seminole High Boys Basketball
High school students
High school sports
Basketball players--United States
Seminole High School basketball team during the 1950-1951 school year. Originally located at 301 West Seventh Street in Sanford, Florida, Seminole High School was first established as Sanford High School in 1902. The building was designed by W. G. Talley in the Romanesque revival style. Due to an increasing student population, a new school building was constructed on Sanford Avenue in 1911. The original building on Seventh Street served as Westside Grammar Elementary School, which was later renamed Sanford Grammar School. In 1984, the building was placed on the National Registry of Historic Places and converted into the Student Museum. The building reopened as the University of Central Florida's Public History Center in 2012. In 1927, a high school campus was designed by Elton J. Moughton in the Mediterranean revival style and constructed at 1700 French Avenue. The school reopened on January 10 and was renamed Seminole High School. In 1960, the high school moved to a new campus at 2701 Ridgewood Avenue and the former building on French Avenue was converted to Sanford Junior High School, which was later renamed Sanford Middle School. The old building was demolished in the summer of 1991 and replaced by a $5.77 million school complex. As of 2013, Seminole High School offers various Advanced Placement courses, the Academy for Health Careers, and the International Baccalaureate Programme for students.
Seminole High School “Salmagundi” yearbook photo of boys basketball team in game
Salmagundi Staff of 1951
Original black and white photograph by Salmagundi Staff of 1951.
8 x 10 inch print reproduction of original black and white photograph by Salmagundi Staff of 1951: Salmagundi 1951, (Sanford, FL: Seminole High School, 1951): Seminole County Public Schools Collection, UCF Public History Center, Sanford, Florida.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of 8 x 10 inch print reproduction of original black and white photograph by Salmagundi Staff of 1951.
Is Part Of
Salmagundi 1951, (Sanford, FL: Seminole High School, 1951): Seminole County Public Schools Collection, UCF Public History Center, Sanford, Florida.
Seminole County Public Schools Collection, Student Museum and UCF Public History Center Collection, Sanford Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
Is Referenced By
8 x 10 inch black and white photograph
Seminole High School, Sanford, Florida
Originally published by Salmagundi.
"Seminole High School." Seminole High School, Seminole County Public Schools. http://www.seminolehs.scps.k12.fl.us/.
Sanford Historical Society (Fla.). Sanford. Charleston, SC: Arcadia, 2003.
Better luck next time
Better luck next time
Still Image Item Type Metadata
1 black and white photograph
8 x 10 inch